Sunday, March 18, 2007

March Ornament



Another Sunday, another finish. This is Christmas Basket by Catherine Theron (JCS orn99). I had barely started this in February and then promptly lost it in a sea of WIP baggies, and when found this morning, I worked about an hour and it was suddenly done.





Not a lot of stitching hours this past week, but I worked on Mermaid and the Sea (EFTH) when there was and tried to enjoy every stitch. I can actually see progress made on this one when I look at the picture in my album of where it was when I started. And yes I do realize that I am hands down the messiest stitcher on the face of the Earth. At work we all laugh about having A.D.D. because we can't seem to work on any one thing for very long and we're off to something else. I call it multi-tasking, my cohorts say otherwise. At least having those threads hanging there give me lots of jumping off places of where to go next without having to haul out the thread.


Here it is a week later. Not much progress this weekend. I have a few houses that just need a little polish and hope to do that this week. I have to chart out my own house and figure out how to sign this thing before I can call it done. 10 houses, 8 motifs and a border of letters and numbers and I'm there.
(24 houses-24 motifs)

7 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

It's very pretty Adana, love that mermaid piece. The little ornament is adorable :-).

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that ornament...must go & have another look at the mag. Isn't it funny how some ornaments never call to you when you look in the mag but IRL they are fabulous?!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
It's very nice.
Would you like to visit my site of free cross stitch patterns?
http://www.stitch-gallery.net

6:18 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Very nice finish! And you are getting so close to finishing your gameboard :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

You've been stitching a lot lately - wow. Glad you picked up your Game Board again - looks like you made good progress. not too much further now...

8:57 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Adana: I love visiting your blog. Your projects are awesome.

What a nice ornament -- I have this one picked out, too. I find those baskets fun to stitch : )

Mermaid is colorful & interesting. Please don't give up on your gameboard -- it is nearly there!

Enjoy the day

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your Chirstmas Basket is just lovely :)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home