Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rehab 101

These are a few of my projects that I've found among the boxes I've opened and hung them behind the door in my workroom.
It's been quite an enlightening couple of months stitching-wise here at the new place. You see I had cross stitch spread over one entire floor of a house where we used to live, (magazines in the livingroom bookcase, fabrics in a bedroom closet, finished projects under a bed in a plastic bin, threads in a cabinet in the guestroom, more magazines in the diningroom and more magazines and hard back books in the computer room) here I have it pretty much confined to one room for now, (in a closet or in boxes) and that's what it takes up, pretty much one whole room. It's a sickness actually, this fabric, thread, scissor, chart, button, bead, bobble obsession I have. But rather than a 12 step program, I think I just came thru the 12 month program where I didn't look at any of it for long enough that I didn't realize the sheer volume of what I actually had. It's scarry now to see all that I've aquired over the years. My main objective for now is to get back to stitching and get organized in a way I have not been for sometime. So many projects, so little life expectancy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I hope to see more stitching pictures from you, Adana. I hope you're settling in well in your new home. {{{hugs}}}

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to see you back stitching Adana. I've missed you. Hugs

9:43 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Good to see you back blogging and stitching. Missed you.

It is not really a sickness, or so they tell me. It is cheaper than therapy.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I'm glad that you're back, too!

I think that I have enough supplies to keep me stitching 24/7 until I am 150 ;)

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home