Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter and The Gift of Stitching


There won't be any stitching for me this holiday weekend so I thought I'd share something stitching related that I've found and grown to love. It's called The Gift of Stitching magazine and it's an online monthly publication by Kirsten Edwards of Sydney Australia. I subscribed to this magazine when it was first offered because I wanted to support anyone who was brave enough to undertake such an endeavor and I'm so glad I did. In fact, I'm so impressed that in January I re-upped for 2 more years. Kirsten has really done a very professional job and each month I find myself saying "well how's she going to top this one" and the following month she does. This month she introduced us to a designer I've never heard of before "Spotted Skink" and the Noah's Ark design is just a delight with such bright colors and crazy antics going on in the scene. I can't wait to find some time to stitch this for the boys. Another treat for me was a feature done on Italian Designer Giulia Manfredini and her daughter Sophia.
Anyway, I would encourage anyone to sign up for this wonderful magazine, even order back issues, and start enjoying it today. (Insert the usual disclaimer that I do not have a financial interest in this publication, just a happy stitching customer).

I did manage to stitch Easter Treat Bag by Shepherd's Bush the past couple days and once I find the time to put it all together, I'll share a picture.

While I won't be stitching, I will be enjoying our family and wishing it were a lot warmer outside for our egg hunt. Our son Colin is coming down today from the house on Loon Lake in the new Camry he got this week, and Bryce can't wait to see it. Tomorrow at my parents house our daughters Sarah and Emily will help with dinner and cleanup and my grandsons will be busy hunting Easter eggs, if they can beat the squirrels to them. Last year Bryce had a little competition. Tanner at 9mo is taking his first steps alone now, (goodbye babyhood) and I'm sure he'll have to get into the action.

Happy Easter everyone।
*Vero L. pointed out that it wasn't Giulia who designed Little Paradise as I had earlier stated, but Virgine Menzildjian. Thanks Vero. My first remembrance of Giulia is for her spectacular 9/11 design Justice in Our Hearts that she did for Caron Collection.
(I would actually like to know more about Virgine Menzildjian as I've sent her a picture of my sampler she designed, but never heard back from her.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Have fun with the Easter Egg hunt! I wish the weather was warmer here, too!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Véro L said...

Adana, are you sure that little paradise is from Giulia Manfredini? I thought it was a sampler from Virgine Menzildjian one of the Fées Brodeuses.

When I go to l'atelier des fées brodeuses, I have the chance to see the sampler at Marie's home.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Véro L said...

oups !!! I agree with you this online magazine is really great!!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Kajsa said...

I totally agree with you about GOS, it's a great magazine. I held off for a while but I'm so glad that I finally got it.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Véro L said...

Virginie is one "Fée brodeuse"

here is the blog : http://feesbrodeuses.blogspot.com/

and the online store :
https://ssl.domicile.fr/www.atelierfeesbrodeuses.fr/
may be it can help you Adana

3:09 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Adana, after subscribing can you print the magazine off? Thanks

8:49 AM  
Blogger Adana said...

Julie, you asked about the TGOS magazine. When you subscribe you get a notice the first day of each month that the new issue is available. You then go to the site and login and the magazine will pop up for download. You can then print it and/or save it to your computer, a flash drive, etc. I print all mine in color to save and in B&W to carry around and read. I also save them and have now burned all the 2006 copies to CD for future reference.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Adana, I subscribed to the online magazine last night - 1 yr subscription plus the 3 months I missed earlier this year and I'm loving it. Thanks for sharing this information.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home