Monday, February 01, 2010

1st finish of 2010

I completed Hope Blossoms last night in time to claim a January finish, but just barely. After unpacking some of the projects I have in progress I came across my ESSY projects. These were little kits offered by Elegant Stitch from various designers with proceeds going to breast cancer research. I have completed many of them, but still have several to complete. I cheated on this one by Cindy Valentine and changed the backstitch wording (that said Faith, Comfort, Hope) to just HOPE in cross stitch. I have to admit that I had done a lot of this piece and then stopped because I could not figure out the finishing directions. I finally decided to just concentrate on the completion of the stitching, which was most enjoyable and the finished product is such a beautiful dainty piece, that when it came time to do the finishing I followed the directions and it could not have been simpler.
Now to decide what ESSY Project is next........



4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Very cute, Adana, and I *love* that little Longaberger basket!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Very nicely done. Now you are on your way for more stitching. Keep going.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Debs said...

It's very pretty and you did such a great job with it. I love mine but I'm sure NOT carrying it in my purse, lol. Great to see you stitching and blogging again.
hugs
Debs

11:10 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Very pretty finish!! I think that was a good idea to change the backstitching to just one cross stitched word.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home